Department of Public Benefit
The Department of Public Benefit was founded on the 1st of April 2003 under the Ministry of Economy, Labour and Social Policy of that time as an entity responsible for implementation and promotion of the solutions adopted in the Act of 24 April 2003 on Public benefit activities and volunteer work (Dz.U. No. 96, item 873). Moreover, the Department of Public Benefit is responsible for creating development conditions for non-governmental organisations and other entities conducting public benefit activity and working for the development of voluntary work, and for the cooperation of public administration with the third sector. Andżelika Wardęga is the Director of the Department and Piotr Kontkiewicz is the Deputy Director responsible for related law issues and supervision.
Supervision and Legal Division
Supervision and Legal Division is responsible for duties such as:
- Developing drafts of assumptions and normative acts regarding the public benefit field of activity, including the operation of social cooperatives.
- Analysing and assessing the currently applicable legal solutions, programmes and public benefit strategies, voluntary work, as well as social economy and social entrepreneurship.
- Planning, control and coordination of activities being a result of the Minister’s supervision over public benefit organisations, including the cooperation with external and domestic State Audit Institutions.
- Supervision over the operation of public benefit organisations as regards entitlements, responsibilities and requirements resulting from the Act of 24 April 2003 on public benefit activities and voluntary work.
- Conducting and handling of the electronic directory of public benefit organisations entitled to receiving a 1% of the personal income tax from tax payers, including annual monitoring of the reporting obligations for public benefit organisations.
- Conducting cases being a result of the Minister’s supervision over foundations for which the Minister is the minister responsible, due to the scope of his activities and the foundation goals specified in the Act of 6 April 1984 on foundations (Dz.U. of 1991, No. 46, item 203, as amended 55). Changes to the consolidated text of the aforementioned Act have been published in Dz.U. of 1997, No. 121, item 769, of 2000, No. 120, item 1268, of 2003, No. 162, item 1568 and of 2005, No 167, item 1398 and No. 175, item 1462)); and in justified cases drafting the pleadings.
The following people work for the Supervision and Legal Division:
- Krzysztof Zawiślak
- Łucja Bogdańska
- Paweł Cymer
- Katarzyna Kołodziej
- Anna Mania
- Aleksandra Marciniak
- Ewa Wilk
- Marta Żołędowska
- Agnieszka Muzyka
- Aneta Stachowicz
- Jan Karpowicz
Programme, Analysis and Cooperation Division
Programme, Analysis and Cooperation Division is responsible for duties such as:
- Project development as well as analysis and assessment of the currently applicable public benefit strategies and programmes.
- Implementation of projects co-financed by the European Social Fund, as regards the support of non-government organisations.
- Co-operation with public administration bodies and non-government organisations as regards supporting social activity.
- Conducting cases connected to international cooperation in the field of public benefit and voluntary work.
- Promoting the idea of voluntary work and implementing other activities which popularise the idea of active citizenship.
- Promoting the most effective principles and forms of cooperation of non-government organisations and other entities conducting public benefit activities with the government and local authorities.
- Managing and implementation of the Operational Programme Civic Initiatives Fund.
- Substantive and organisational support of the Board for Public Benefit Activity and its working groups.
- Initiating and conducting research and analysis of the statistic data regarding non-government organisations, including the preparation of a report on the functioning of the Act on Public Benefit Activities and Voluntary Work.
The following people work for the Programme, Analysis and Cooperation Division:
- Kamil Bobek
- Marta Chydrasińska
- Filip Kołodziejski
- Aleksandra Krugły
- Anna Moskwa-Wysokińska
- Jakub Szewczyk
- Magdalena Zwolińska
Social Economy Division:
An autonomous position for social economy entails duties such as:
- Developing drafts of programmes and strategies regarding social economy, including social entrepreneurship and the operation of social cooperatives.
- Conducting analysis and assessment of currently operating programmes, strategies and legal solutions regarding social economy, including social entrepreneurship and the operation of social cooperatives.
- Preparing programme documents regarding the support of social economy development, including social entrepreneurship and the operation of social cooperatives.
- Promoting the idea of social economy, including social entrepreneurship and the operation of social cooperatives, as well as implementing other activities which popularise the idea of active citizenship.
- Creating and supporting development of social economy and the attitude of partnership when solving social problems through social economy; a cooperation with a team for system solutions in the field of social economy.
- Activities promoting the development of social economy and strengthening of institutional support for social economy.
The following people work for the Social Economy Division:
- Andrzej Radniecki
- Marta Bernacik
- Małgorzata Saracyn
- Jakub Schimanek
- Joanna Wodzyńska
Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Policy
Department of Public Benefit
Ul. Żurawia 4a
tel.: (+48 22) 693 47 59
fax.:(+48 22) 693 46 60